Chelsea Historic Depot

The Chelsea Depot was built in 1880, and served as a Michigan Central Railroad passenger station until 1975. The depot was restored and renovated in 1986 by a group of Chelsea citizens, who formed the non-profit Chelsea Depot Association. The Depot was designated a Michigan State Historic Site in 1986 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.

The historic Chelsea Depot is available for rent for parties, weddings and other special occasions. The rental fees are managed by the Chelsea Depot Association, and funds are used to operate and maintain the beautiful Depot.