Chelsea First United Methodist Church
As a United Methodist congregation, our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Chelsea First United Methodist Church’s Core Values
- Love: We love our neighbors in and beyond Chelsea, following the example of Jesus Christ.
- Faith: We trust in God’s goodness and seek to understand it deeply through spiritual practices and study.
- Prayer: We encourage many expressions of prayer that draw us closer to God.
- Justice: Given the reality of oppression, and with a hopeful vision of the Kingdom of God, we promote respect and fairness for all in our church and in our society.
- Compassion: Without judgment and with empathy, we walk alongside those who are suffering.
- Helping Others: We help to meet the material, emotional, and spiritual needs of others.
Chelsea First United Methodist Church’s Behavioral Covenant
- We recognize, value, and respect all persons as beloved children of God.
- We actively seek to support all attendees by caring for guests and newcomers as we would in our own homes and by expressing concern to longstanding congregants when they experience changes in their lives.
- We acknowledge our different perspectives and engage in respectful conversations with intent to understand each other.
- We value participation in small groups and encourage their growth and development.