“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.” ~Plato
Upcoming LIVE Music Events
30 May 2023
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Jazz at Common Grill Every Tuesday 5-8p
Common Grill, 112 South Main Street, Chelsea, MI, USA
01 June 2023
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights
Historic Downtown Chelsea
03 June 2023
9:00 pm - 11:55 pm
The Rumpus Room, 510 North Main Street, Chelsea, MI, USA
No event found!
Chelsea plays host to a number of yearly music events that delight and entertainment residents and visitors alike. Here are just a few:
- Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights - summer music series with 11 stages of free entertainment throughout historic downtown Chelsea.
- Sounds & Sights Festival - a 2 day Festival in historic downtown Chelsea featuring a Social Tent, Car Show, KidZone, Teen Zone, Art Market, Chalk Art Exhibit, Chalk Art Contest and much more!
- Chelsea District Library
- Music in the Air - Concert event held in the Reading Garden.
- Song Fest - Musician Meet & Mingles, Mentor Sessions and Performances.
- Chelsea First United Methodist Church
- Community Concert Series - free, family-friendly music concert series
- Chelsea High School Marching Band
- Marching Band Exhibition - CHS hosts a number of marching bands from all over Michigan every September.
- On The Tracks
- Free Singer/Songwriter Concert Series held at the Historic Chelsea Depot.
Many Chelsea businesses support musicians and host weekly and special music events.
(*Weekly Events | ~Occasional Events)
- ~Arctic Breakaway | 501 Coliseum Dr, Chelsea, MI 48118
- ~Chelsea Alehouse Brewery | 115 S Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
- ~Cleary's Pub | 113 S Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
- *Common Grill | 112 S Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
- *The Grateful Crow | 420 N Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
- *Robin Hills Farm | 20390 M-52, Chelsea, Michigan 48118
- ~The Rumpus Room | 510 N Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
- ~Ugly Dog Distillery | 218 S Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
- ~Zou Zou's Cafe & Eatery | 101 N Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118
The Chelsea School District is home to award winning music programs that offer something for every student. Various concerts are held throughout the year.
- Chelsea House Orchestra (CHO)
- Celtic with a Kick! High energy Celtic inspired performance group.
- Show Choir