FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SOUNDS & SIGHTS ON THURSDAY NIGHTS
Is this a family friendly event?
- YES! All stages throughout Historic Downtown Chelsea are family friendly. Don't forget to check out the Kid Stage and the How to Chalk Stage for your young ones.
Where can I park?
- There are a number of public parking lots throughout Chelsea. Be mindful of the closed roads during Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights but also keep in mind that most residential streets offer street side parking. And all parking is free in Chelsea! Click here for the Stage Map.
Are there accommodations in Chelsea if I would like to spend the night or the weekend?
- YES! Click here for Accommodations.
Where can I eat or grab a beverage during Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights?
- Click here for Food & Drink options.
- Keep in mind that several business offer special meals or special drinks that are only available during Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights. Here are a few of them:
Are the shops open during Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights?
- Yes, many of the boutique shops stay open during Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights. Click HERE for a list of downtown shops.
Are there public restrooms that I can use?
Both Chelsea First United Methodist Church and Chelsea First Congregational Church of Christ will serve as official "Cooling Stations," Cold beverages, air conditioning, and public restrooms are available to the public.
I'm a vendor, can I setup during Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights?
- We do not offer vendor space on our stages.
- Spaces in front of retail stores are not "up for grabs." You must ask the retail store if you may setup in front of their space. You must call them ahead of time and make arrangements. But be aware that many stores do not let vendors setup in front of their stores.
- If you obtain permission to setup in front of the retail locations along Main Street - you cannot block the sidewalk or impede pedestrian traffic.
- The Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce has a limited amount of Vendor space on Main Street. This space is free but for Chamber members only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the sign-up link for Chamber members or for information on Chamber membership.
What band is playing at the next Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights?
- Do you mean BANDS (plural)? Yup, that's right...there are 10 Stages of free music and entertainment through downtown Chelsea. Check the Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights page HERE for more information about the schedule.
How can my band on the line-up for Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights?
- Click here for Audition Information.
- Keep in mind that the Call for Artists begins in January of the new year and our lineup is usually contracted and complete by March.
Do you have more questions? Email us at email@example.com for more information.