Chelsea’s Annual Smoke & Ale Fall Festival: October 12-13, 2018
Follow us at facebook.com/smokeandale/
The 2018 Smoke & Ale Fall Festival is Presented by
Smokehouse 52 BBQ and Lehman & Scheffler Real Estate Services
Breweries and Wineries
- Bell’s Brewery
- Founder’s Brewing Co.
- Dark Horse Brewing Co.
- Arcadia Ales
- Arbor Brewing
- North Peak Brewing
- Mountain Town Brewing Company
- Sietsema Orchards
- Witch’s Hat Brewing Co.
- Bitter Old Fecker Rustic Ales
- Sandhill Crane Vineyards
- Brewery Vivant
Schedule of Events – Friday, October 12
- Backyard BBQ Competition – open to novice and experienced cooks. For a copy of rules and more information, email email@example.com and Register here.
5:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Enjoy food from Whiskey Jack’s BBQ, Smokehouse 52 BBQ, Hotel Hickman, Awesome Dogs, Lakehouse Bakery, Thompson’s Pizza, Michigan craft beers and wine
6:00 -7:30 p.m. – live music from Mo’ Easy
8:00 -9:30 p.m. – live music from Billy Mack & The Juke Joint Johnnies
Schedule of Events – Saturday, October 13
12 noon – 10 p.m
- Enjoy Michigan craft beer and wine; food from Whiskey Jack’s BBQ, Smokehouse 52 BBQ, Big Kahuna Burger, Awesome Dogs, Hotel Hickman, Girl Scouts Bake Sale, Lakehouse Bakery and Thompson’s Pizza.
12 noon – 2 p.m.
- The Professional Master Series Sanctioned Contest entries and judging. KCBS scores entries based on blind tastings by a panel of judges and a nine-point scale. Register at Register
12 noon – 5 p.m.
- Indoor Cornhole Classic competition with prizes for 1st through 5thplace. Cornhole is located next to the craft beer barn. Register
12 noon p.m.
- The kid zone is open featuring: slime stations, ATA Martial Arts demonstration, bike skills course, rubber ducky pond, magic shows, corn hole, Ballet Chelsea dancers, balloon art and a visit from a princess.
12:30 and 1:30 p.m.
- Dangerous Dan Pirate Magic Show in the kid zone
12:45 – 1:30 p.m.
- Live music from Sharon Broyles on the hammered dulcimer
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Live music from the Blue Rays
3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- Meet a real princess in the kid zone
3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Cornbread cookoff awards
- KCBS Professional Master Series Awards – over $6,000 in prizes
- The Shelter Dogs Band
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Live music from Root Doctor Band
- Live music from Metro Soul Band
This event is a fundraiser for the Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce.
Smoke and Ale Cornehole Classic
Registration is open for the Fourth Annual Smoke & Ale Cornhole Classic! Grab your friends, form a team, come out and have some fun! Event will be indoors.
$20 per team, First, Second & Third place prizes up for grabs!
Calling all BBQ and beer enthusiasts! Witness BBQ teams from across the region vie for their share of the $6000 prize money and the “Champion at the Smoke & Ale Fall Festival” Title!
Enjoy Michigan’s renowned craft beers, local wines, live music, cornhole tournament, cornbread cook-off, food trucks and kid zone. Most activities will be held indoors, so it’ll be a fantastic time in any weather.
The beer festival features local Michigan ales and ciders that are sure to please the finest craft beer palates. Live music by Metro Soul Band, Billy Mack & The Juke Joint Junkies, Mo’ Easy, Root Doctors and Sharon Broyles sets the tone for this upbeat fall event, and a great kid zone to entertain the entire family.
The Cornhole Classic is a great event! Participate as a competitor and win cash prizes, or as a spectator. If you are interested in competing please Register
Bring your best savory or sweet cornbread and enter the Cornbread Cookoff. Registrants can pick complimentary boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix, take it home and bake up their best recipes. Bakers can enter the sweet and/or savory categories. Call 734-475-1145 to reserve your free cornbread mix and Register here. Check out the rules here.
The BBQ contests are open to everyone – bring your best chicken, pork ribs, pork butt or shoulder, and beef brisket and enter the Friday Backyard BBQ contest or the Professional Master Series on Saturday. Both contests are sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS). KCBS sanctions BBQ and Grilling competitions across the U.S. and promotes barbeque as America’s cuisine. It is the largest society of barbeque enthusiasts in the world.
Information on both the Backyard and Professional Series Competitions below:
Follow the links to complete and submit the registration forms. Payment can be made by calling the office or mail your check to:
Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce
222 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
You can also print the application and mail it with your payment to the Chamber office.
Any questions can be directed to the Chamber office at (734) 475-1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beak to Beak Chicken Contest
New to the festival this year is the Great Lakes 2018 Beak to Beak Invitational!
For rules and qualifying events please visit the Great Lakes BBQ Association website at www.glbbqa.com or visit their Facebook page for more info.
We would love to have you involved as a volunteer! Please email us at email@example.com or call (734) 475-1145 for more information.
Become a Sponsor
We have several great sponsorship opportunities for our event. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 475-1145.
PLATINUM LEVEL SPONSORS
KIDS AREA SPONSOR
MUSIC STAGE SPONSOR