- This event has passed.
The Serenity Room at Breathe
Wednesday, Jul 17, 2019 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until July 31, 2019
Offering a safe space, a creative space, a space in which to relax and breathe, The Serenity Room at Breathe will give young adults the space, resources and encouragement to discover just how flawesome they really are, and embrace themselves fully, faults and all!
Once a week during the month of July, we invite all young adults of high school age* to join us FOR FREE at the studio to:
* try new relaxation techniques to make them feel really good,
* express themselves through the mediums of art and music,
* develop tools and coping skills to manage stress and anxiety
* learn just how important self-care is and how to make it a priority
* thrive in a welcoming, non-judgmental, calm space where there is simply joy in connecting with others and just hanging out.
Through yoga and mindfulness, art therapy and music meditation and appreciation, teens can feel free to explore who they really are, and develop life-long skills that will be there for them in times of need.
Thanks to the generous support of Susan Brown of Chelsea Family Law, these sessions are totally free to attend, and will be led by certified teen yoga and mindfulness instructors and an art therapist. There is no charge for materials or snacks, and we encourage everyone to bring a friend along. Spread the word!
*including those about to enter high school and those who’ve just graduated in the Chelsea and surrounding areas, including Dexter, Manchester, Grass Lake and Stockbridge.
Please sign up in advance if possible, or just drop in.
Wednesdays, JULY 10, 17, 24, and 31, 4:30-5:45pm at Breathe Yoga Studio, Downtown Chelsea, MI. breathyogachelsea.com tel 734.627.7558.