Locals share their favorite places to eat, drink and be merry in Chelsea, Michigan
Chelsea has something for every taste, from American Bistro, gourmet coffee, handmade pizza, sushi, or a pint of Michigan brew. Visitors and locals quickly discover some of Chelsea’s best known gems, including Zou Zou’s, Common Grill and Cleary’s Pub.
We asked locals: What are some of your favorite places to eat, drink or be merry in Chelsea that visitors might miss?
We asked our Facebook friends for favorite places to “taste something Chelsea” — the ones that some of us might not have discovered yet. Check out our page at www.facebook.com/chelseamichigan to see all their answers. Here are a few suggestions:
- Arctic Breakaway – located in the Arctic Coliseum, this full service restaurant above the hockey rink features American and Italian favorites from pizza and steak to ravioli Florentine.
- Chelsea Alehouse Brewery – Located in Chelsea’s historic Clocktower Complex. We brew a wide variety of ales, serve food from our deli-style kitchen, host musicians and events, and have a large outdoor seating area.
- Smokehouse 52 BBQ – this main street stop serves up bbq favorites like brisket and little pulled pork with favorite sides like mac and cheese… great environment that is sure to warm your soul! Dishes are made from scratch and smoked in-house.
- Gourmet Chocolate Cafe and Burgers features desserts, coffee and great food. Hand shaped burgers, grinders, fresh salads, soups, fries, onion rings and more.
- Mike’s Deli – Move over you-know-who, there is another great deli in the Ann Arbor area. Chelsea’ own Mike’s Deli has a menu full of tasty sandwiches from the famous Stingray to the Gobble, Moo, Oink and many varieties for meat-lovers, vegetarians and anyone who loves a sandwich.
- Jet’s Sport Room – What started as a pizza delivery place, Jet’s Pizza is now a full restaurant, sports bar and one of the best places in town to sip a Michigan brew.
- Seitz’s Tavern – The oldest hang out in Chelsea, a lot of people haven’t yet discovered that Seitz’s is also a great place to grab a burger, or one of their tasty daily specials. Locals love to bring a deck of cards and play a little euchre over lunch or drinks.
- Thompson’s Pizza – Family owned and local favorite since the 1970’s, Thompson’s has a full menu featuring delicious pizza, and a large menu with lots of other family favorites.
To see more, click here to check out the Food & Drink listings in the Chelsea directory.