Chelsea’s Annual Smoke & Ale Fall Festival: October 12-13, 2018
Follow us at facebook.com/smokeandale/
Chelsea, Michigan’s annual Smoke & Ale Fall Festival and BBQ Cook-off Contest will take place Oct. 12-13, 2018 at the Chelsea Fairgrounds. This year’s festival features two BBQ contests – a backyard contest on Friday, October 13 and a KCBS sanctioned contest on Saturday, October 13. Smoke & Ale Fall Festival also has a great Cornhole Classic, beer festival, live music and food trucks. The Activities Area entertains all family members with great activities.
Backyard BBQ Competition
Bring your best chicken and ribs and participate in the Backyard BBQ Competition on October 12. This amateur contest is great for local backyard BBQ enthusiasts and those ready to take their BBQ to the next level. Participants can register as a team or as an individual for $50. The winners will receive a cash prize and ultimate bragging rights.
Check out the itinerary:
Join over 30 competitive BBQ teams from across the region and compete for $6,000 in cash prizes, trophies and bragging rights. Check out the itinerary here. (see attachment)
Check out the itinerary:
And we’ve got more exciting plans this year…
Stay tuned for more details!
What’s this event all about? Check out what we had going on at last year’s Smoke & Ale Fall Festival!
Presented by Lehman & Scheffler Real Estate Services and Smokehouse 52 BBQ
2018 BBQ Contest Details
This year the Smoke & Ale BBQ Contest is an officially sanctioned Master Series contest through The Kansas City Barbeque Society! We are so excited to be working with this organization to make our 4th annual contest even better.
Registration is now open! There are two ways to register:
Follow the links to complete and submit the registration forms. Payment can be made by calling the office or mail your check to:
Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce
222 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
You can also print the application and mail it with your payment to the Chamber office.
Any questions can be directed to the Chamber office at (734) 475-1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
PLEASE NOTE: No pets or outside alcoholic beverages will be allowed. Gate entry fee will be cash only. Beer tickets will be available for purchase for cash or credit card. Vendors will vary on payment method. We cannot confirm that all vendors will accept credit cards as payment. NO ATM at the event.
Friday October 12 – 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Gates open at 5:00pm – Chelsea Fairgrounds – $5 entry fee
Smoke & Ale Friday Night Concert Music starts at 6:00pm
Food Vendors and Beer will be available for purchase in our Beer Barn
Saturday October 13 – 11:00am – 7:00pm
- Gates open at 11am– Chelsea Fairgrounds – $5 entry fee
- KCBS Master Series BBQ Contest – all day; 4pm Winners Announced
- Beer Served 11am – 7pm (indoors)
Breweries and Wineries
- 2pm – 5pm come chat with our brewers and brewery reps from some of Michigan’s fabulous local breweries and wineries:
- Live Music 12pm – 7pm (indoors)
- Food Vendors 11am – 7pm
- Smoke & Ale Fourth Annual Cornhole Classic – Bags Fly at 12pm (check-in starts at 11:30)
- Activities Area – 11am – TBD (Moved indoors)
- Obstacle Course Bouncers
- Spin Art T-shirts
- Glitter Tattoos
- Martial Arts demonstration
- Kids Cornhole Tournament – Win a Set of Cornhole Boards! Bags fly at 3pm
- Mountain Bike Skills Course
- Football bowling
- Special Appearance by Disney inspired Ice Princess – 1:30pm
We are expecting over 2,000 people in this year, including BBQ tournament teams, cornhole tournament competitors, live bands, breweries, and meat and beer enthusiasts.
We look forward to an even bigger, better, smokier, ale-y-er, cornholier festival this year!
- $5 entry per person (under 12 free)
- No pets
- No outside alcoholic beverages
- Gate entry fee will be CASH ONLY
- Beer tickets will be available for purchase with cash or credit card
- Vendors will vary on payment method. We cannot confirm that all vendors will accept credit cards as payment.
- NO ATM at event. An ATM is located in the parking lot of the strip center to the east of the fairgrounds at Chelsea State Bank.
This event is a fundraiser for the Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce.
Smole and Ale Cornehole Classic
Registration is open for the Fourth Annual Smoke & Ale Cornhole Classic! Grab your friends, form a team, come out and have some fun! Event will be indoors.
$20 per team, First, Second & Third place prizes up for grabs!
We would love to have you involved as a volunteer! Please email us at email@example.com or call (734) 475-1145 for more information.
Become a Sponsor
We have several great sponsorship opportunities for our event. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 475-1145.
We’re excited to welcome our Diamond and Platinum Sponsors for this year!
2017 MUSIC STAGE SPONSOR
2017 BEER GARDEN SPONSOR
2017 KIDS AREA SPONSOR
2017 SILVER SPONSORS
2017 BRONZE SPONSORS
- First Equity Residential Mortgage
- Jack & Sons Barber
- Thompson’s Pizza
2017 IN-KIND SPONSORS
- Aberdeen Bike & Outdoors
- Poto MBA
- D&B Marketing
- Costco Wholesale