- This event has passed.
6th Annual Chocolate Extravaganza
February 8, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us and that means it’s time to express our love for friends and family. Someone once said “The main reason we celebrate Valentine’s Day isn’t love – It’s Chocolate!” It’s probably a little of both. With that in mind, Chelsea is once again celebrating the day with the 6th annual Chocolate Extravaganza. On Saturday, February 8, 2014, over 30 retail stores, cafés and restaurants in Chelsea, Michigan invite you to shop, eat, and “experience” chocolate. Participating stores and restaurants throughout Chelsea will offer chocolate tasting, sales on chocolate-themed merchandise, raffles, and a medley of activities from 10 am to 5 pm. Brochures with a map and event listings will be available on the day of the event at participating stores.
Historic Chelsea offers a variety of unique shops and places to dine, not only in the downtown area but also the south end of town, where you can dine, browse for antiques, bowl a game or two, and of course, shop.
So come visit Chelsea, Michigan to put aside winter doldrums and spend a day with your loved ones visiting the beautiful shops and galleries, cozy cafés and pubs, and wonderful restaurants. “The Chocolate Extravaganza was quite the event; it was like a treasure hunt!” remarked Liz Wilson, of VEO Art Studio, who participated for the first time last year. “The sidewalks were filled with groups of families and friends. All who came through my studio were truly enjoying the day, and of course the chocolate!” Both edible and non-edible treats will be available throughout Chelsea, in addition to family oriented activities, including a free make & take chocolate activity for kids at The Garden Mill.
“The Extravaganza brings many people to town and both our customers and our staff enjoy the event.” Merkel Furniture and Carpet One owner Tim Merkel said, “It is a fun way to treat our customers to some true small town hospitality!” Chocolate, fun, shopping, food, and a chance to support local businesses. It’s a fabulous way to spend a Saturday!
Chocolate Extravaganza Map and Flyer
Click to enlarge.
Shop & Explore
- Aberdeen Bike & Outdoors: Free home-made brownies and in store specials.
- Attic Boutique: Free chocolate treats
- Bella Gallery: Free chocolate treats
- Bumbles Dry Goods: 2.5 oz. Sanders Hot Fudge gift with purchase.
- Chelsea Antiques: Chocolate goodies to sample and 20% off Enhance Candles
- Chelsea Center for the Arts: Pick up a yummy treat and class schedule at The Garden Mill.
- Chelsea Farmers Supply: a taste of delicious chocolates; special sales throughout the store; raffle for Chelsea Farmers Supply gift certificate.
- Chelsea Teddy Bear Company: Offering a “White Chocolate” teddy bear with a custom imprint and t-shirt for $5.
- Chelsea House Victorian Inn: Pick up a free chocolate treat and brochure at The Garden Mill.
- Chelsea Print & Graphics: Mon thru Fri – office supplies.
- Cherry Optometry: Free chocolate covered cherries; raffle.
- Dayspring Gifts: 40% off selected bracelets; buy 4 DaVinci beads and get the 5th bead free; buy 7 beads and get a DaVinci bracelet free.
- Garden Mill: Handmade chocolate treats by Janet’s LLC for purchase; free raffle; free “make & take” activity for kids.
- Global Market Place: Fair Trade chocolate samplings with Mindo chocolates, free mini cupcakes, free spicy hot cocoa, free chair massages, and live music.
- Heydlauffs Appliance: Free chocolate treats.
- Just Imagine Books & Toys: Free chocolate treats; 30% off all adult fiction and non-fiction.
- La Jolla Fine Jewelry: Samples of gourmet chocolates and sparking cider; drawing for chocolate diamond pendant.
- Merkel’s Furniture & Carpet One: Ma Moyers chocolate muffins and Auntie Ann’s brownies. Take an extra 10% off all accessories, lamps, and pictures today only during Merkel’s storewide winter sale.
- Mule Skinner Boots: $15 off red boots in stock; new shortie boots have arrived! Enjoy scrumptious chocolate treats.
- Potting Shed & Potting Shed on Main: Valentine candy sampler and free gift with $20 purchase at both stores, the Potting Shed and The Potting Shed on Main.
- Reed Barbering: Free chocolate treats until noon.
- Village Shoppe of Chelsea: Store-wide sale; samples of Cherry Republic chocolates; chocolate covered popcorn.
- Vogel’s and Foster’s: Chocolate treats and other sweets; Pandora gift sets; “sale on our sale” event.
Eat & Play
- Chelsea Lions Club at Chelsea Lanes: Charity Bowl youth-adult scotch doubles tournament for bowlers and non-bolwlers; door prizes, 50/50 drawing, free pizza & pop with tournament registration; registration starts at 12 noon, tournament begins at 1 pm.
- Chelsea First United Methodist Church: Enjoy a free bacon & eggs breakfast (8am-11am)
- Cleary’s Pub: $1.00 off all hot chocolate drinks.
- Common Grill: Free hot chocolate at the back “carry out” door.
- Mike’s Deli: Stop in to sample our deliciously decadent gooey grilled chocolate sandwiches.
- River Gallery + exhibits: Current exhibition John Schwarz – “Rigmarole” found object assemblages.
- Veo Art Studio: Open 12:30-5pm, come in for Mindo local artisan chocolates, tour a working studio, chance to win a $45 or $120 gift certificate toward an art class at VEO.
- Zou Zou’s Cafe: A day of delicious chocolate treats.
This event is sponsored by Chelsea businesses. Special thank you to Chelsea Teddy Bear Co. for posters, Chelsea Print & Graphics for brochure and map, and Susan Jacobs CPA PC for display space. Thank you to The Garden Mill for coordinating the event.
Thank You for supporting small businesses and your local community.
For more information about this event, please contact Maureen Tobin at The Garden Mill at 734-475-3539.